Contact Tracers / Case Investigators (CTCI)
AB Med is seeking applicants to join our Covid-19 team to serve as contact tracers/case investigators (CTCI). We work with a variety of partners nationally. The position will be remote and location-independent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support partners who have active contact tracing and case investigation programs.
- Direct outreach to positive cases and developing contacts of communicable disease patients.
- Development of protocols, scripts, and software enhancement.
- Mandatory notifications to key stakeholders while maintaining patient privacy.
- Develop and implement procedures for COVID -19 contact tracing/case investigation
- Conduct the initial investigation of possible exposures or positive COVID -19 cases.
- Follow up with cases and refer to support services as necessary.
- Develop training and presentation materials.
- Conduct training for faculty, staff, administrators, and students on effective contact tracing/case investigation.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to track and update patient contact information by section to enable prompt contact tracing/case investigation.
- Develop and update orientation training modules for faculty, staff, administrators, and students regarding reporting of exposure or positive COVID -19 cases.
- Act as administrator and train others on how to use the entry and health screening database.
- Update health questionnaire as directed.
- Manage contracts with vendors for contact tracing.
- Advise stakeholders and patients on safe practices required to minimize the exposure to, or the contracting of, COVID-19.
- As part of a team, review the Health screening database for the running of reports.
- Serve as a liaison with key stakeholders and partners for the timely reporting of positive COVID-19 cases and any identified close contacts.
- An understanding of how to handle confidential information, including the ability to conduct interviews without violating confidentiality (e.g., to those who might overhear their conversations).
- High school diploma required. Experience in CTCI programs and public health is preferred. Education and/or training in a medical or related field, such as public health, dealing with sensitive and confidential information. Excellent organizational and communication skills. The ability to make public presentations and be comfortable with delivering training to groups. Working with digital Contact Tracing tools and contact tracing may greatly help with scaling up these activities as needed. Proficiency with Office Suite software is required.
- All contact tracers participate in a training program. The training includes an Association of State and Territorial Health Officers online course, which covers the basics of interviewing people diagnosed with COVID -19, finding their close contacts, and providing counsel and support. In addition, contact tracers are trained to respond to different scenarios with scripts, overcome bias, and incorporate cultural competencies to provide the best service possible.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform physical activities, both indoor and outdoor, to include education, recreation, and leisure.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of children and staff activities.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, extreme heat and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Must be able to supervise clients indoors and outdoors throughout the entire duration of their shift period, which lasts 8 hours or more on a typical shift.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, or stoop for the entire duration of the shift, as necessary.
- Must be prepared and physically able to respond with appropriate protocol in a variety of dynamic supervision situations with clients
- In a sudden or emergency event, staff must be physically able to run, jump, lunge, twist, push, pull, and assist evacuating an adolescent to safety.
AB Med solves complex problems related to clinical healthcare delivery and public health. Starting with project design and assessment, through building stakeholder relationships and operations to performance and surveillance of interventions, we can support projects in any stage of development. Designing interventions, gathering, and interpreting data sets along with performance with medical professionals on the ground, AB Med can be a turn-key solution or augment an existing service line.
How to Apply
Apply to this position by completing the form below and uploading your resume. Resumes should include academic degrees held and dates conferred, employment history and positions held, dates of service, areas of experience, levels of responsibility, reporting structure, key duties performed, and number of direct reports or staff. An evaluation panel will convene to review submittals and identify top competitors to be considered for further evaluation. This recruitment will remain open until filled.